Mission & Purpose
Originally formed as a regional society, Northeast Region Biofeedback Society (NRBS) has grown and welcomed members internationally during its years of service to the biofeedback and neurofeedback communities. We are a membership organization that invites professionals and students who are interested in psychophysiology and its effects on behavior. Additionally, we welcome interested individuals who seek to enhance their own wellness by learning about the science and treatment modalities available via biofeedback and neurofeedback.
Our goal is to facilitate public awareness and to provide treatment professionals with a forum for education and interaction with other professionals. We recognize the barriers many people face in accessing medical care and are dedicated to promoting services that would not be otherwise available to underprivileged members of society.
Serving The Community
Bio/Neurofeedback is very helpful to individuals struggling with anxiety, depression, trauma, as well as other emotional, psychological and physiological conditions. Unfortunately, bio/neurofeedback is not readily available as a modality for underserved and disenfranchised populations.
NRBS recognizes that this is a seriously unmet need and makes active efforts to support clinicians who serve these populations in order to disseminate this information to individuals in need, and to support clinicians in being able to afford the requisite equipment and training necessary to offer these services.
- Provide biofeedback clinicians and researchers, as well as other professionals, opportunities to learn about the latest research and developments in biofeedback.
- Offer opportunities for networking.
- Educate professionals and the public in the uses and implications of self-regulation techniques.
- Provide training programs in biofeedback for other professionals and increase the level of expertise of practicing biofeedback clinicians and researchers.
- Represent the interests of biofeedback clinicians and researchers before the legislatures, and other governmental bodies and agencies of the nine Northeast, United States.
- Promote the enactment of legislation, rules, regulations and other governmental policies considered to be beneficial to biofeedback clinicians and researchers.
- Promote the repeal of any legislation, rules, regulations and other governmental enactment considered to be detrimental to biofeedback clinicians and researchers.
- Be a forum for the exchange of clinical information and scientific knowledge in the area of biofeedback and related disciplines.
- Emphasize the clinical treatment and the education of its members and the general public.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU…